This time of year I like to make sure all of my ice fishing gear is ready, so I can hit the ice as soon as possible. Here is a list of simple things you can do to make sure you are ready…
- I fish out of a portable ice house, so I take it out of storage and take every thing out, open all the doors and vents, and let it air out it gets a little musty smelling during the summer, something you can do to help this is to make sure yo put it away dry so no mold grows.
- Make sure all of your rods are undamaged, check for nicks or cuts in the eyelets that could cut your line, and that the laminate coating is in good condition.
- Give your reels a good looking over to make sure they are in working condition, and lube if needed.
- Make sure you have good line on your reels, check the strength and run it through your fingers to find any abrasions.
- Make sure that your auger, heater, lights, flasher, and other accessories are in working order.
- Check your tackle box to make sure you have everything you need.
- Once your fish house is aired out, go in and shut off all lights and close the windows and doors, then look for hole where the light shines through (patch if needed).
Then pack everything back up and your ready to go.
Tight Lines, NSAngler